Friday, April 19, 2013

Perfume - Awesome care packages!


I got this generous package from Dee the other day!! She was kind enough to provide me with a multitude of decants from her perfume collection as well as some other samples!  Finally I got to sniff some Solstice Scents perfume! I agree, they are awesome!! I haven't previously sampled anything from Midnight Gypsy, Deep Midnight or Delightful Rot so I'm looking forward to those! All of the Darling Clandestine samples are amazing, as are the BPAL decants! I must say I totally get the Snake Oil hype, that one IS gorgeous!! 
Thank you so very much Dee!!


This awesome package was from Amanda! I got it earlier this week and it really made a rather dreary day much sunnier! Amanda gets the honor of intruducing me to a wider range of Possets scents as well as the fabulously named Ghost Puffs and Mango Sticky Rice by Haus of Gloi! She also included a sample of Chinese black tea (that I have yet to try), some candy (that I consumed immediately) and one of her soaps! According to Amanda the soap is berries and spices but I honestly can't tell what I smell, just that the scent is gorgeously addictive!
Thank you so much Amanda!

I'm in the last days of work on the paper for my Master's Degree so life is a bit crazy to say the least... I am preparing packages for both Amanda and Amanda, but with the general chaos in my life it's taking some time... Have patience with me! :)

14 comments:

  1. Aren't they both darlings? :) I think such a lovely gesture is enough to cheer up any kind of day! Enjoy and can't wait to hear your thoughts :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! Yeah, such a package makes any day awesome!! In May sometime, when I have more time for frivolous things like blogging I'll definitely write some reviews!

      Delete
  2. I'm not surprised Snake Oil is BPAL's best seller - it's gorgeous, and there's nothing out there exactly like it.

    Happy it arrived safely (leakage notwithstanding - boooo). Enjoy playing, and let us all know if you find some new loves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And still, there was something about Snake Oil that was intensely familiar... I recognized that medicinal/incense/spice note from somewhere, but I don't know where and it's driving me crazy, as per usual... ;)

      I'll go with Circassian as an identity for the anonymous sample for now, until proven otherwise... maybe I'll sample Circassian the next time I buy from DC, just to check. ;) Tonight I'm going to play with layering Enchanticals Dungeon with SS Nightgown because I just had the thought that a leather and tuberose should be a match made in heaven!

      Delete
    2. Leather and tuberose! Never thought of that before - how was it?

      Delete
    3. It was a promising experiment! Nightgown was perhaps a bit too sweet and note the ideal tuberose for matching with leather, but I will definitely try again with some other tuberose scent! Leather and tuberose has the potential to be divine!

      Delete
  3. What a lovely care package! I ordered some Mango Sticky Rice since it seems to be so popular, even though the mango scared me...it's actually really yummy! More toasty/starchy comforting and the fruit element is quite light and creamy, so it's not overpowering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate mango as a fruit, but I quite enjoy the scent of it in Mango Sticky Rice... I imagine I can almost smell the somewhat coarse/fibrous texture of the mango in this scent and the rice note is fabulous!

      Delete
  4. Hi Nadja! This Care package from Dee looks amazing! I took your feedback into consideration and I think you are right. I have to work on my colourings. In some soaps I use all natural colourings but in others I use body safe liquid colourants. Sometimes, if the soap is too coloured can have coloured bubbles as well and some people doesn't like that. I find it funny:) Thanks for mentioning me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that color has a very powerful attraction for me even when it really doesn't matter for the function of a particular product... You have really nailed the colors on that honeysuckle soap, that soap is very pretty!

      Delete
  5. What lovely packages! Which Delightful Rot is that? So I can be sure not to send you a dupe. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Cantina Band! I've added all of these samples to my scentbase already so if there is something you are unsure if I have or not you can have a look there! :) Have you tried any Possets? I was thinking that I'll pass along some of these that weren't really to my taste but that might appeal to you... Couldn't see any Possets at all on your scentbase, but you already said that it isn't very complete... :)

      Delete
  6. I love me some ghost puffs by HoG, and I love these ladies! And love you too Nadja!!! These care packages are super duper sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 Yeah! They really are lovely, both the packages and the ladies!

      Delete