Friday, January 4, 2013

My Crafts - New dragonfly brooch


Just made a wire dragonfly brooch. The body is black (as with all my dragonflies) but wings/tail/eyes are golden. I bought this brass wire recently, but it was very hard to work with, so I don´t know if I want to use it again. I was hoping that it would work out, because colored wire does have a tendency to loose its color quite easily... enough for it to be an annoyance at least. The dragonfly turned out allright, but not perfect, and I don´t feel it to be of good enough quality to sell in my Etsy shop. 

These dragonflies are my bestsellers, too bad they are so boring to make... And I mean really, really, really, I would reather be reading a paper about information retrieval, booooring! But I guess they are pretty! And I especially like black and gold together, so I might keep this one for myself... But I need to get a different golden wire so I can make more without the effort this one took. I would also love some dark blue wire, uncolored copper wire and perhaps turquoise/teal wire... and olive green, and dark dark red, and plum and....... I´ll stop there.



P.S. I do have one dragonfly in the shop right now, you can find it here.

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Love gold and black. No wonder it is your best seller :) I also like the 'elegant bracelet' in your store!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I just wish somene bought my button jewelry (easy to make) or my dreamcatchers (fun to make)... but I guess the dragonflies are the most unique... Not that I should really complain, at least I´m selling something! ;)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Trina! I took a look at your blog too, you make really cute stuff!

      Delete
  3. Very pretty! I love dragonflies! I'll have to go check out your shop!
    I just started following you, coming over from etsy. Your addiction to wire sounds a bit like my addiction to tulle!
    Best of luck this year!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy! Although I can´t quite understand your fascination with tulle, your blog is still very sweet!

      Delete
  4. Just a thought, If you find these dragonflies tedious to make perhaps you could sell a tutorial of how to make one instead. That way you are still profiting from your design without having to make them! :)

    Love your style by the way! You are inspiring me to try more indie (etsy) scents! Have you tried For Strange Women? I'm receiving some samples from her very soon and her style reminds me of yours :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meh... then I'd have to make a professional looking tutorial and I'm no good at that... And I kind of like knowing that no one else knows how to make these the way I do. ;) Thanks for the suggestion though!

      Thank you! I haven't tried For Strange Women, but I have been looking! The name is right up my alley and so are some of the scents! But I haven't sampled because it's just a bit pricy... but thet deluxe sampler is calling out to me! :)

      Delete