- 1,5 kg apples (peeled, core removed, chopped)
- 4 dl water
- 800 g jam sugar (sugar with added pectine)
- cinnamon (whole or powdered, or both)
- ginger (fresh or powdered)
- Boil chopped apple in the water, under lid, for about 15-20 minutes. Stir often.
- Add the sugar as well as cinnamon and ginger (according to taste).
- Boil about 5 minutes.
- Stir until mushy.
- Pour into clean, hot jars and put the lids on immediately.
- 800 g beetroot (peeled, grated)
- 200 g onion (chopped)
- 1,5 dl balsamic vinegar (or according to taste)
- 4-5 dl jam sugar
- vanilla sugar
- Let the grated beets and the chopped onion simmer in salted water until they are soft, about 1 hour. Remove the water and press out all of the water from the beets and onions.
- Blend betts and onions with vinegar, sugar and spices (powdered, according to taste) and bring to a boil. Let simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Por into clean, hot jars. The liquid should cover the beets.
As it is the first time I'm making these recipes I have no idea how long they will keep. Hopefully until the next years harvest... *fingers crossed*