Thursday, December 27, 2012

Awful or Awesome - Case #1






This one is impulsively thrifted a couple of years ago, probably cost me a couple of euros, only been worn once since... It is teetering on the edge between aweful and awesome for me. The style is fine... but the COLORS! It would definitely be awesome for me if it was black, or red or, I don´t know, anything else... Light blue and gold is just revolting! The whole Rococo gone Bollywood  vibe is a bit much!! This one, I´m proud to say, made my mother cringe (says something if you know my mother)!

So, awful or awesome? Does it have potential? Would you wear it? Would it make your mother cringe?

(Sorry for the bad pics everyone, combination of lack of natural light (northern winters do not give you much natural light to begin with), sometimes crappy camera and a chronic lack of image editing program... The first pic is the most true to color!)

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that is something! I like the colour and the combo of gold work on it. I can see myself wearing it for Indian occasions and my mother would never cringe!
    You are pulling it off so well! I love that you kept your trousers and top basic and added on this one. Nice pop :) I like the cut of the sleeves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I think it was the sleeves that sold it for me (of course it didn´t take much as the thing was so cheap), I do have a thing for large sleeves!

      Delete
  2. beautiful. I like the blue and gold combo together, and you make it look elegant and artsy, not fussy. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am I the only one to hate that color combo!? :P Everything else is awesome...but those colors... ;)

      Delete
  3. Awesome! I'd rock it with a short skirt, leggings and tall brown boots that match the gold/brown in the jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That´s totally not my style, but I can see it working well on someone else!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It could be awesome with a little adaptation. It has a bit of a military jacket with braid look to it as well, if it was more tailored, you could bring out that style. Not really sure how, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I see what you mean... It could look kind of military... if the embroidery wasn´t so floral and if it wasn´t so damn light blue! Have I mentioned that I hate this color!

      Delete